Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Because Google Checkout and Google Base are so well integrated, you can upload information about your items to Base and sell them at the same time. Here's how:
1) Click on the "Sign In" link on the Google Base homepage.
2) Click on "Post an Item," click the "Choose an existing item type" dropdown menu, and select the item type ("Products" or "Vehicles").
3) Fill in the fields on the "Edit item" page. The more relevant information you include, the better we can match searches to your item.
4) Click "Edit" next to the Payment header and select the "Google Checkout" checkbox, which tells us that you to include a "Buy button" on your hosted page enabling customers to use Google Checkout when they buy from you.
5) At the bottom of the page, click on "Publish." You'll be asked to sign up for Google Checkout. If you don't want to include your bank account information immediately, that's okay; you can provide this information later.
6) You'll receive an email when someone buys your item.
Once you've posted a single item with the Checkout payment option, you'll be able to use the same account to sell other items too. You can manage your order history, edit items, and post additional items from the same dashboard. If you have lots of items to submit, you can also create a bulk upload and specify Checkout as a payment option. Google Base will create individual pages with a "Buy button" for each item in the bulk upload -- and you'll be on your way to making sales without having to maintain an independent site.